WE CARE ABOUT YOUR HEALTH
We are closely monitoring the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and World Health Organization’s statements regarding the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) cases and following guidelines from these agencies and our local health departments.
We sincerely encourage each person to make your decision whether to attend a service or visitation based on the best interest of your health and that of your community.
• Metcalf Funeral Home will comply with the CDC recommendation and visitors are asked to wear a face mask when entering the building.
• Visitors are asked to use sanitizing supplies (e.g., hand sanitizer) provided in the public areas.
• Visitors are asked to implement and observe social distancing measures and maintain personal hygiene.
• Eye contact, loving words, and a warm smile can be as meaningful as a traditional handshake or hug.
• Visitors who have recently traveled out of the country are asked to forgo the visitation.
• Visitors who live with someone exhibiting symptoms or who are exhibiting symptoms themselves are asked to forgo the visitation. Symptoms include:
• FeverVisitors who are at high risk, such as vulnerable seniors or those with significant underlying conditions, are asked to forgo the visitation.
• Shortness of Breath
• All visitors are asked to generally minimize person-to-person contact, practice good hygiene, and minimize touching commonly contacted surfaces.
For over 50 years, Metcalf Funeral Home has
been guided by the values instilled in us by our founder, Robert Metcalf. Bob
began his career as a funeral director with Roper & Sons before founding
Metcalf Funeral Home in 1961. Metcalf operated Metcalf Funeral Home as a
privately-held family business until its sale to Prime Successions, a national
funeral home chain in 1992. In early 2004, Metcalf Funeral Home returned to
local ownership when it became part of the Roper & Sons family, joining two
of the oldest names in the Lincoln funeral home community. At Metcalf
Funeral Home, we are here for you in service, and as friends and neighbors.
Remembering warms our hearts and helps us to feel better -even in the midst of
a heart-rending loss. It reminds us to celebrate the life lived, not the
heartbreak of a life lost.
Metcalf Funeral Home offers you a wide variety
of choices when it comes to making funeral arrangements. Whether you are
planning a traditional funeral, or a memorial tribute at a later time, our
compassionate staff is here to help you. Our mission is to answer your
questions, assist you in designing a personalized service that honors the
memory of your loved one, and oversee every detail along the way.